Fiber not only lowers our bad "LDL" cholesterol, it keeps hunger and blood glucose levels in check.
How much does your child need?
1 - 3 years old should get 19 grams a day
4 - 8 years old should get 25 grams a day
> 9 years old 26 grams a day (female)
> 9 years old up to 38 grams a day (male)
Here's a fiber-packed snack your children will crave!
1) ½ stick of unsalted butter
2) 1 package (10 oz) of marshmallows 3) 5 cups of Fiber One Cereal 3) ½ cup of chia seeds
1) In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2) Measure and pour chia seeds and cereal into bowl; add to marshmallow butter mixture until well coated.
3) Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into large baking pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Serve.